Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What Would You Do? Getting Snubbed

Of all the venues I have looked at there has only been one that I'm really loving, Hubbard Park Lodge.

But I'm starting to get the feeling our kind isn't wanted there.

Why you ask?

Well, let's see -

I've now sent 3 different unanswered emails to 3 different people who work there. Over the course of a week and a half.

I've left a voice message that was returned with a voicemail that only gave one option to talk to someone was to go there in person when they are open on Friday or Sunday.

We went on Friday, it was closed for a wedding.

We went on Sunday, there person we were supposed to talk to wasn't there.

We left a message with our names and numbers for the person we were supposed to talk to with the hostess, who told us the event coordinator would call that day.

Its four days later and she hasn't called.

So at what point do you take a hint?

In the very last email I sent, to contact #3, I flat out asked if our inquiries weren't being responded to because the Lodge isn't interested in hosting a same-sex ceremony.

As of yet, I have had no reply to this email either.

My head tells me I should give up and move on. In all other circumstances, if a company was this unprofessional, repeatedly, I would say fuck it, and not give them my business. But I haven't seen anything else that i've liked and could afford.

This situation totally sucks.

To further add to my good mood Wisconsin's Hight Court upheld the marriage ban today

Some days I really hate the world.

2 comments:

  1. Instead of pressuring yourself to find a place by a certain date why not wait until you have a place then set the date, that would take pressure off of you. This is supposed to be a joyous time not a stress filled experience. It isn't the venue that is important it is the joy of your ceremony and what it means, that experience can happen anyplace. It is sad that everyone in the world does not have the understanding that who you are and what you want is as important to you as any other couple. Don't let the small minds of the world get you down. I wasn't thrilled when I got married in a church that I didn't belong to and married by a man I didn't care for or a religion I didn't believe in. I hated that my reception was in the basement of that church, this was not my dream come true. Well 45 years later and through many ups and downs, many joys and a few sorrows life goes on and when I look back I say, so what, here and now is all that counts and if I want that perfect day I can still have it, I will have an unwedding day and celebrate the way I really want to if that is what would make me happy. Life is so very short, please find joy and work at letting go of all that is upsetting to you. Your dream can come true!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous-

    I'm not upset because of pressure. I'm not pressured. I'm upset because i found the place i wanted and they didn't want us.

    But thanks for the comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete