Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wedding Update

I'm not even sure I remember how to do this, it has been so long.

The Dress
Had a fitting last week. It was great except there was some funkiness with the length, some of which, for reasons I still can't quite understand, can't be totally fixed. But I'm told it will look much better. Let's hope so, because my next fitting is August 17th. There won't be time for any more alterations after that.

Catie's Duds
Catie's first shirt arrived and didn't fit. The second one does, but the sleeves are too long. She still doesn't have pants. I am hoping to get these purchased tomorrow and then take both the shirt and pants (if they need it) to a tailor. Anyone have any recommendations? I have no idea how hard it is to shorten sleeves.

The Invitations/The Lesbian Bride Had a Total Meltdown
The day Catie was going to mail the invitations, she noticed something. We had no time for the ceremony anywhere on the invite. And of course all the invites were already sealed and ready to be mailed. I, having just got off work, and having worked a ridiculous 60 some odd hours that week, lost my shit. Catie more sensibly called my sisters and they miraculously made everything all better. Heather realized they could fit it in at the top of the invite and indeed, it looked like it was always supposed to be there. And then Catie reprinted and reassembled while Heather and Hillary carefully opened all 65 invites, and then carefully glued the envelopes back together. I took a nap.

RSVPs
To be fair, we are actually doing fairly well in this department. I think we have 75% returned. But that doesn't mean that the ones that haven't been returned aren't making me totally batty. What's the hold up, yo? I do know in a couple of cases the people aren't sure if they can attend or not yet, but some other people apparently just have a need to make us wait. Also, more than 1/3 of our guests have opted for the vegetarian entree. Who knew?

Losing My Control Freak Ways
Well, more like too tired to be a control freak. 62 hours of overtime in a 4 week time span has made me say things like, "I don't care what the cake looks like. You take care of that. I don't even want to know what is happening anymore." And also, "Get whichever bags you want for the favors. You have good taste. They'll be cute. I just don't care anymore." And, "I don't care what kind of cookies. (sister tells me something I can't quite hear because I've dropped my cell phone 4 times in the last week and it is barely functioning) Those sound great."

I will admit though, I'm starting to get a little nervous about this whole, we'll-just-wing-it-on-the-flowers-the-day-of plan. It seems like a very risky proposition now.

In 7 more days I will done with my crazy work schedule, I will also only have 4 weeks until the wedding. Eek. Expect to hear more from me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment