Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Something Old, Something New

So we weren't particularly concerned with having something old, something new, something borrowed or something blue until the 9th or 10th person asked us if were going to. Which means we had no plans for this.

But I think we still managed to sort of meet the requirements.

Something old: Catie's undershirt.

Something new: Practically everything else we were wearing.

Something borrowed: The ceremony. We aren't Quakers. But we basically took all our ideas for our wedding, from those that are used in a Friends wedding. The type of ceremony and the signing of the certifcate. All borrowed from them. I hope they don't mind. But after talking to a friend one day about what I wanted, she told me to check out Friends' ceremonies. And what do you know, it was exactly the type of thing I had in mind.

Although, after exploring in preparation for the big day, I told Catie that if I wasn't far too lazy and uncommitted to be a part of a religious structure, I would definitely consider being a Quaker. They are pretty awesome. That's my mom in the picture signing our certificate. There will be more about the certificate later, in the "Things that went wrong" blog entry.

And of course, Something blue: Catie's underwear. I know she will be thrilled that I shared that with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment